Allowing Executables in ZIP files

Plant, Dean dean.plant at ROKE.CO.UK
Tue Apr 13 12:08:12 IST 2004

Annabel Maseko wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am running MailScanner 4.28.6. I have set
>
> Maximum Archive Depth = 0
>
> From the explanation given in Mailscanner.conf, I assume that
> MailScanner should not unpack the archive in order to check the
> filenames and filetypes which the archive depth is set to 0.
>
> I have noticed that despite this setting, MailScanner still checks the
> filenames and filetypes and blocks them accordingly.
>
> Is there anything else I need to do for it to work correctly?
>

> Thanks
>
> Annabel.

I think 4.28.6 had a bug with the archive depth, an upgrade should fix it.

Dean

Visit our website at www.roke.co.uk

Registered Office: Roke Manor Research Ltd, Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell,
Berkshire. RG12 8FZ

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.