MailScanner child caught a SIGHUP

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Mon Apr 12 21:21:21 IST 2004

Billy A. Pumphrey wrote:
>  I searched the archive and found 39 entries, however I could not make
> sense of them and find the answer to what this means or how to fix it.
> I get these in the mail log when I restart MailScanner, which I restart
> after putting an entry in the access file which the syntax appears to be
> correct as it looks the same as my other 15 entries.

You mean reload, don't you? Then it logs a SIGHUP since that is sent to
each child by the parent. It's totally OK.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.29.7,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.39, ClamAV 0.70RC + GMP 4.1.2, MailStats 0.25