(newbie) install/configuration question

NateDog natedog550 at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 12 22:14:31 IST 2004

Hmm.  When you say 2 is better than one.........do you mean run both virus
scanners?  That would be cool, like a backup fail safe kinda thing.  If one
doesn't catch a virus maybe the other will kinda thing?

--
Nathan Peters

Untitled Document
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ugo Bellavance" <ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM>
To: <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2004 4:08 PM
Subject: RE : (newbie) install/configuration question

I have no idea.

But 2 is better than 1, and since ClamAV is free, I don't see any reason why
one shouldn't run it.

I don't think there is a clean-cut answer to "what AV is best".

I've seen that kapersky usually updates faster than any other commercial
product, but it is quite expensive.

Also, if definitions are not tested enough, you might get false positives...