Kudos

Ryan Weaver ryanw at FALSEHOPE.COM
Mon Apr 12 19:35:48 IST 2004

Matt Kettler wrote:

>At 01:37 PM 4/12/2004, Billy A. Pumphrey wrote:
>>Kudos to Rules De Jour
>>My % catch rate went from around 65% to around 82% after installed.
>
>You might want to post that to the SA list.. AFAIK few of the
>RDJ sorts use MailScanner (I may be the only one who has a SA
>ruleset in RDJ that subscribes here)

        Not the only one :)

        Using SpamAssassin with MailScanner has become a requirement with my
installations. And using Rules De Jour with SpamAssassin is part of that
requirement.

>Some may or may not agree with me, but as far as I can tell Sophos seems to
have
>pretty much the best signature updates around. While they tend to not be
>inexpensive, one could certainly say that you're getting one of the best AV

>products out there.
>
>Of course, there are other metrics than just speed of update, but Sophos
does
>seem to lead this category. (ie: in "bang for buck" it's very hard to beat
>clamav, or other free products).

        Lately, I've seen a few catches by ClamAV a few hours before they
were being caught by Sophos aswell. We use both here (as well as Symantec).