Viruses tagged as spam

Alex Neuman alex at nkpanama.com
Mon Apr 12 17:28:26 IST 2004

I seem to be getting a lot of viruses marked as high-scoring spam lately.
Seems most of them come from machines infected with the latest netsky/bagle
iterations, but get marked by DCC/Pyzor/etc. - could I be doing something
wrong? Does anybody else experience the same situation?

Second, since most spams are short, and most spam is stopped by most
postmasters by using RBL's (local, commercial or otherwise) at the gateway
MTA, could there be an option to virus scan first, and *then* scan for spam?
Spam scanning should be unnecessary if you *know* it's a virus, right?