rbls in sendmail

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Sun Apr 11 13:43:02 IST 2004

Ken Anderson wrote on         Sat, 10 Apr 2004 14:13:40 -0700:

> A milter doesn't have to reject. It can take a variety of actions.
> In cases where a server is on the sbl-xbl or SURBL, I'd probably want to
>   redirect(quarantine) or just log and /dev/null it, which is what would
> happen if I let it through to SA anyway, so I'm just looking to save cpu
> cycles, not reject or tempfail it.

Yeah, that's what I mean. I doubt that it saves you much. At least für us
I can't see that a considerable amount of mail is going thru an RBLed
server and then thru a non-RBLed server before hitting us. Rejecting RBLed
and other suspicious stuff at MTA level skips about 90% of all incoming
mail for us.

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany