Custom Whitelist Configuration

NateDog natedog550 at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 9 16:22:14 IST 2004

Hello,
  I have used mail scanner with f-prot and spam assassin for about a year now.  But what I have always wanted to do was to add people to the whitelist to keep from scanning for SPAM but I still want it to scan for viruses.  Is that possible?  I use f-prot for virus scanning.  Right now what it does is not scan it for anything.  I've got the next to latest stable version of mail scanner and almost the latest f-prot on our current mail server.  But I will be changing it to another box I built with the latest and greatest stable versions soon.

  Then I would also like to do something else.  This may need to be directed to a f-prot mailing list if someone can't help me here.  What I'd like to do is to use f-prot to automatically scan all FTP transfers.  I'm using proftpd.  Some info you might want to know is I have it set to "cage" each user into their home directory.  So if I FTP in I would go to /home/nathan.  And you can't back out of that you're caged into that directory only.  Is that possible to scan any FTP transfer for viruses?  And I would like it to email me when it finds a virus just like it does now when it finds a virus in an email.  If someone could help me figure it out I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

--
Nathan Peters