Mail server monitoring tools - Recommendations?

System Admins sysadmins at ENHTECH.COM
Fri Apr 9 13:46:22 IST 2004

At 11:37 PM 4/8/2004, you wrote:
>I would like to install a mail server monitoring tool such as MailWatch or
>Vispan. While I'm sure everyone's favorite will differ from person to
>person, I'd like to hear your recommendations. Are there certain features
>present in one tool that's not in others? Any insight as to the relative
>advantages and disadvantages of the different tools available?
>
>I'm only aware of MailWatch and Vispan at the moment (please feel free to
>enlighten me if there are others). Of the two I'm leaning towards MailWatch,
>since it seems Vispan only works with Sendmail and not the Exim MTA I'm
>using. The only issue I can see with MailWatch is that I'll have to
>downgrade my DBD-MySQL Perl module from 2.9003 to version 2.1028.
>
>All suggestions and recommendations would be much appreciated.
>
>Many thanks in advance,
>
>Justin

Justin,

I'd recommend ViSpan. If all you are looking to do is to gather stats and
etc. It is a great tool.
http://mailscanner.enhtech.com
http://mailscanner2.enhtech.com

I've recently upgraded my boxes to RH ES 3.0 so my stats have been reset
but you'll get a good idea
of how it looks.

Regards,

Errol Neal