Mail server monitoring tools - Recommendations?

Justin JLM939 at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 9 04:37:10 IST 2004

I would like to install a mail server monitoring tool such as MailWatch or
Vispan. While I'm sure everyone's favorite will differ from person to
person, I'd like to hear your recommendations. Are there certain features
present in one tool that's not in others? Any insight as to the relative
advantages and disadvantages of the different tools available?

I'm only aware of MailWatch and Vispan at the moment (please feel free to
enlighten me if there are others). Of the two I'm leaning towards MailWatch,
since it seems Vispan only works with Sendmail and not the Exim MTA I'm
using. The only issue I can see with MailWatch is that I'll have to
downgrade my DBD-MySQL Perl module from 2.9003 to version 2.1028.

All suggestions and recommendations would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Justin