Bayes starter DB

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Fri Apr 9 02:39:50 IST 2004

I've created a Bayes "starter" database that has been carefully handcrafted
from about 500 hams (typical business correspondence, airline reservations,
credit card statements, etc.) and about the same number of spam and hard to
detect missed spams from our spam trap (+10,000 spams a day).

It will get a new MailScanner - SpamAssassin up and using Bayes right out of
the box :) It's also useful if your Bayes database get poisoned or
corrupted. We've had good results using this starter and auto-learn to get
reasonable Bayes filtering started with little work. Manually feeding spam
and ham is always better but for those of who have less time than smarts it
will work reasonably well.

If there is any demand for this I'll be happy to post it to our website for
download.

Steve

Stephen Swaney
President