rbls in sendmail

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Fri Apr 9 02:27:27 IST 2004

Our service bureau scanner and several of our ISP customers block only on
sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org at the MTA level. Most of the ISPs do it because their
scanners would be overwhelmed if they didn't. It cut down incoming email at
one site 50%! More typically it seems reduce the load on MS-SA by about 30%

More importantly none of us have ever had a customer complaint about missing
emails. I'm not saying that we haven't blocked legitimate emails, I'm only
saying none of us have ever had a single complaint - and collectively we
process a LOT of email for a lot of fussy customers :)

Steve

Stephen Swaney
President
Fortress Systems Ltd.