rbls in sendmail

Support ePaxsys/FRWS support at EPAXSYS.NET
Fri Apr 9 00:00:56 IST 2004

Hi

'Personally' we run the RBLs all from inside Sendmail and use MailScanner
for virus checks and rudimentary SPAM checks only. DNSBL set up for
Sendmail is a piece of cake.
We use 5 or 6 DNSBLs including the SBL-XBL SpamHaus list.

The load on our busiest mail server is rarely above 2 or maybe 3 handling
tens of thousands of mails a day. Hats off to the MailScanner folks for a
versatile and friendly program. We just leave the DNSBL stuff to Sendmail
to lessen the server load and make log parsing/stats far easier.

The J-Chkmail Milter does 'some' SPAM trapping (only REAL obvious SPAM,
non-negotiable types) and Procmail does the final SPAM handling for us.

Regards
Jerome

At 03:35 PM 4/8/04 -0700, Ken Anderson wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I'm thinking of moving SBL-XBL and maybe SURBL tests to sendmail.
>Anyone running sendmail with some rblchecks via a milter that checks
>received headers too?
>
>Any recommendations?
>
>Thanks,
>Ken A