Sudden dropoff in volume of spam

David Hooton david at PLATFORMHOSTING.COM
Thu Apr 8 09:56:50 IST 2004

We've seen 3 changes:
1) Some customers have had an approximate 40% reduction in spam arriving for
filtering, but not all.
2) The percentage of spam that was identified as high scoring has risen by
an additional 15% or so
3) An increasingly high percentage of spam received over the last few weeks
is from trojaned machines.

We've recently started using dynamic range blocks on SMTP connect which is
why I suspect we're seeing what we are.

Cheers!

Dave

 Pain free spam & virus protection by:          www.mailsecurity.net.au