Zip files checking

Rick Cooper rcooper at DWFORD.COM
Wed Apr 7 20:20:24 IST 2004

I would say this is a problem. I looked my exim logs and everything was the
same for both files. I listed the MailScanner logs and you can see same/same
except for the unpacking and I also trapped both messages as they passed
into the MailScanner queue and copied them elsewhere to look at them and
there was nothing different about the two emails (Both were attachments to a
text only message). I tried the same thing sending a virus and it caught the
virus in the forwarded message. It's an odd ball thing but I won't have time
to trace it through MS until the weekend. I see no possible configuration
setting that should cause attachments to a forwarded message to be handled
differently than a normal message and neither the header or body parts had
any differences except what you would expect to see for a forwarded message
(Subject, MsgId, etc). My virus.scanning.rules during the forward test were
quite simple

FromOrTo:       default                     yes

the same as when I sent the zip normally and it was caught (as the log shows
they were only a second or so apart)

Rick