Bug when handling "Maximum Attachments Per Message"

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Wed Apr 7 19:54:22 IST 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 19:28, Vinayakam Murugan wrote:
> Just curious. Were you able to reproduce this problem and confirm that this is
> the cause of the problem? We are facing the problem of blank reports and were
> at a loss  to find the source.
Yes, in fact the message below is one of my test messages rather than
one of the live ones I originally noticed the problem with.

I also forgot to mention that the attachments are not quarantined, but
suspect that may be by design...

> On Wednesday 07 April 2004 22:57, you wrote:
> > I'm seeing a blank report in both the sender and postmaster
> > notificitions when "Maximum Attachments Per Message" is exceeded.
> > i.e....
> >
> > The following e-mail messages were found to have viruses in them:
> >
> >     Sender: kevin at kevinspicer.co.uk
> > IP Address: x.x.x.x
> >  Recipient: kevin at kevinspicer.co.uk
> >    Subject: attachments
> >  MessageID: i37HFEJF003329
> >     Report:
> > Full headers are:
> >
> > <snip!>
> >
> > This is with the latest bleeding edge code.
> >

> > BMRB International
> > http://www.bmrb.co.uk
> > +44 (0)20 8566 5000
> > This message (and any attachment) is intended only for the
> > recipient and may contain confidential and/or privileged
> > material.  If you have received this in error, please contact the
> > sender and delete this message immediately.  Disclosure, copying
> > or other action taken in respect of this email or in
> > reliance on it is prohibited.  BMRB International Limited
> > accepts no liability in relation to any personal emails, or
> > content of any email which does not directly relate to our
> > business.
>
> --
> Warm Regards
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~