Virus Warnings

Randal, Phil prandal at HEREFORDSHIRE.GOV.UK
Wed Apr 7 17:45:29 IST 2004

Just drop it in.

If you look at the first few lines output by

  spamassassin -D -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.com --lint

You'll see a line like

  debug: using "/etc/mail/spamassassin" for site rules dir

The site rules dir is where addition rules files should be dropped.

I'd recommend using RulesDuJour (http://www.exit0.us/index.php/RulesDuJour)
with the Tripwire, bigevil, antidrug, evilnumbers, randomval, bogusvirus and
mrwiggly rulesets so you're automatically updated.

Check this list's archives for more details.

Phil

----
Phil Randal
Network Engineer