Quarantining

System Admins sysadmins at ENHTECH.COM
Wed Apr 7 13:57:41 IST 2004

Hi,

I just started to quarantine messages yesterday. We are building an
application that will facilitate valid senders that get a false positive to
have their messages delivered. We just direct them to a web form where they
put their To: From: and subject: data into and it performs a search of the
quarantine and displays any matching messages. The problem is that we only
want to quarantine low scoring spam and their attachments. We do not want
to quarantine viruses. However in looking at the message store, I see
several messages with .pif, .scr and other virus infected attachments. I'm
confused because Quarantine Infections = no and I am using Spam Actions to
"store" the low scoring spam. Furthermore, Virus Scanning occurs before
Spam detections are done. I was under the assumption that infections were
deleted/removed. Can anyone clarify/help? Also, is there a way to not
quarantine viruses?

Also, I've seen this topic on the list however I am unable to find the
thread. Can anyone share with me a method to actually deliver these
quarantined messages that bypasses MailScanner? We are quarantining as
queue files.

Best Regards,

Errol Neal