possible Bug in 4.28.6 (long filenames)

Stephan Ilaender mailscanner at LAYLINE.DE
Wed Apr 7 13:08:18 IST 2004

am 07.04.2004 schrieb Spicer, Kevin zum Thema
 ## Re: possible Bug in 4.28.6 (long filenames) ##

> Stephan Ilaender wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've had a mail blocked with the following remark:
> >
> > Achtung: Very long filenames are good signs of attacks against
> > Microsoft e-mail packages (VK Preisliste .doc)
> >
> > now "VK Preisliste .doc" ist not really that long and should not be
> > matched by this expression:
> The filename in the report is a sanitised version, the original filename was
> probably much longer.

Is that so and does the same apply to the quarantined file?

As this was not a virus, it is unlikely that the Filename was actually
longer than the name displayed above.

However, if this was a matter of sanitising the remark should probably state
this to avoid Customer irritation (this has only x chars and YOU admins claim
it's a long filename ... you know what I mean ;))

regardsm
Stephan