Zip files checking

Roger Jochem roger at RUDNICK.COM.BR
Tue Apr 6 20:49:01 IST 2004

I'm sending this e-mail again because my configuration on the list was incorrect, and I don't know if it already was sended or because of this "misconfiguration" the email didn't gone at the first time.. (sorry)

I found a strange problem in MailScanner. I just updated my MailScanner to version 4.29-7, and now I was testing the zip file checking.

I send an e-mail with an .exe file inside an .zip file, and mailscanner blocked it. Great! It worked!

And then I forwarded this .zip file, and this time the .zip file passet through mailscanner.

Then I made several other tests, and found out that every .zip file in e-mails are checked and blocked, but if the e-mail is forwarded, the .zip file always passes through.

Any ideas to correct this problem?

Roger Jochem
SBS - SC
Brazil