mailscanner-mrtg valid mountpoints

Jim Robinson jim at LINUX-SP.COM
Tue Apr 6 20:03:11 IST 2004

Hi Folks,

I can't find a list for mailscanner-mrtg so I though I would post this question here?

On RH9 and Fedora Core1 machines when I install mailscanner-mrtg I get these errors from the cron job:

Unable to find a mountpoint for /var/spool.  Please set Spool Directory in mailscanner-mrtg.conf to a valid mountpoint
Unable to find a mountpoint for /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming.  Please set MailScanner Work Directory in mailscanner-mrtg.conf to a valid mountpoint

I have done the obvious and checked the cfg file and the dirfectory settings are correct (they match the relevant entries in MailScanner.conf) so why the complaint?

Any ideas anyone?

Lines from mailscanner-mrtg.conf:

# The MailScanner work directory, often in tmpfs for those who are worried
# about performance.  Usually /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming.
# If this is not set to a mount point the graph will be blank
MailScanner Work Directory = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming

# The spool directory
# If this is not set to a mount point the graph will be blank
Spool Directory = /var/spool
<<<

Lines from MailScanner.cfg

# Set where to unpack incoming messages before scanning them
# This can completely safely use tmpfs or a ramdisk, which will
# give you a significant performance improvement.
# NOTE: The path given here must not include any links at all,
# NOTE: but must be the absolute path to the directory.
Incoming Work Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming
<<<
I assume the /var/spool is correct seeing as that's where it is :)

Jim