Bootable cf card with MailScanner {Scanned}

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl
Tue Apr 6 08:29:07 IST 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 17:26:47 -0700, you wrote:

>Well I work with iPrism a URL filter.  At boot up we load into memory then
>unmount the scandrive. (64mb drive) We remount to change the config. m0n0wall
>(http://m0n0.ch/wall) is a firewall that bootups in to memory as will. They
>also have a CD-ROM that I use that I can pull it out at anytime. I just
>thought it would be nice for upgrades? burn a new iso to a cd-rom or cf card
>reboot. Done thats it. Anyways I don't know how do it, but KNOPPIX looks like
>I can play around with it.

My GF plays around with m0n0wall (on Lex Light systems) a lot. Her idea
is to upgrade over the net (you don't have to go to the system).
Flashcards have enough space to hold a couple of boot systems.

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)