Bootable cf card with MailScanner {Scanned}

James Gray james_gray at OCS.COM
Mon Apr 5 23:01:12 IST 2004

David Shaw wrote:
> Hello All, Has anyone tried to put Linux, MailScanner, Sendmail and
> Spamassassin maybe some AV software on a CF card. Just load it in to memory at
> boot and then mount a hard drive for swap and or storage? Then you could
> unmount the cf card.
>
> Thanks, David
> --
> Open WebMail Project (http://openwebmail.org)

Might be possible - but changing the root partition even using chroot,
then removing the boot media might cause some headaches.  I've done some
appliance-type Linux stuff before using different removable media (CD,
CF, Zip and floppy) but I've never considered removing the boot media
(and therefore root file system) after the system is up.

I'd be interested to know how it works out :)  Good luck.

Cheers,

James