OT: SpamAssassin

Robin, Rob rrobin at GREENAPPLE.COM
Mon Apr 5 23:46:22 IST 2004

Hello all,

        I installed 2.63 SA. Do appropriate symlinks of local.cf to mailscanner's spam.assassin.prefs.conf file.

        According to http://au.spamassassin.org/tests.html, I should be able to easily add:

score FAKE_HELO_YAHOO   5.0
score FAKE_HELO_EXCITE  6.0
score FAKE_HELO_LYCOS   7.0
score SUBJ_LIFE_INSURANCE      6.0

        So far, all these fail. (I tried to use helo lycos.com from my machine, it passed. Put in 'affordable life insurance', it passed'. Required hits=5. So, all those should fail.

        Only below tests worked.
header   FRIEND_GREETINGS       Subject =~ /you have an E-Card from/i
describe FRIEND_GREETINGS       Nasty E-card from FriendGreetings.com
score    FRIEND_GREETINGS       100.0
header   FRIEND_GREETINGS2      Subject =~ /you have a greeting card from/i
describe FRIEND_GREETINGS2      Nasty E-card from FriendGreetings.com
score    FRIEND_GREETINGS2      100.0

        Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Rob Robin
Network Analyst
Green Apple, Inc.
740-653-9890
rrobin at greenapple.com
www.greenapple.com
Internet access, hosting and development solutions since 1995.