bitdefender users?

Wayne Fox subscriptions at ETEAM.COM.AU
Mon Apr 5 03:07:33 IST 2004

Julian,
I am using BitDefender 7.0 - a very recent download and --update works fine
here.

I got CAUGHT with the BETA status of bitdefender support BADLY - Nearly
lost my JOB! As MailScanner died completely, not delivering emails till I
noticed it happen and read the maillog! I was referred to a WEB page about
BETA status and corrected it. A couple of hours had passed before the
backlog had cleared BUT we have SLA of 15minute response times via email so
this was VERY VERY BAD... Please put a warning in MailScanner.conf of ANY
BETA items in future -please - so we don't get sued!

Here is some notes I made in the bitdefender-autoupdate wrapper:-

# Note 24-03-2004 --update now works! See note 21-10-2003 $useBDCUpdate = 1
#
# 21-10-03 With version 7.0 of bitdefender the autoupdate function has been
#           fixed, so, added the option to use bdc built-in function and also
#           added to bitdefende report at the end of the update report to "see"
#           the number of viruses includung families otherwise seen as one
virus only
$useBDCUpdate = 1;      # select the method to use for updating
                         # 1 = user bdc --update method,
                         # 0 = download file, unzip and test it