Syntax for per domain signatures

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Apr 4 19:56:29 IST 2004

At 17:33 04/04/2004, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've been looking back at some older posts on this, and can't seem to
>find the right answer. Some of the older posts refer to a config file
>that no longer seems to have the same options.
>
>I'm trying to configure MailScanner to append a different signature for
>different domains.
>
>So far I attempted to add:
>
>Sign Clean Messages = %rules-dir%/sig.html.rules
>
>And then in this rule file:
>
>From:    *@domain1.com    /etc/MailScanner/reports/en/domain1.sig.txt
>
>FromOrTo:    Default    no

The filename ...../domain1.sig.txt is not a valid result for Sign Clean
Messages (which takes yes or no). You need to apply a ruleset to the
setting that actually sets the location of the message signature. You could
make the default result "/dev/null" pretty safely so that nothing is added
in the default case.

--
Julian Field