OT? Fetchmail and backup MX

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Sun Apr 4 17:37:16 IST 2004

Ugo,

You should not have to do anything when your primary MX comes back up.  If
the primary is down, the mail should spool up on the backup MX and wait for
the primary to come back up.  I can't see why you'd have to use fetchmail
UNLESS your backup MX is set to deliver mail for your domain(s) locally
instead of RELAY.  I use sendmail, so that's the only config I'm familiar
with.

On backup MX:

/etc/mail/relay-domains:

your_domain.com