HTML-specific exploits and whitelists

Jeff Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Fri Apr 2 19:55:23 IST 2004

Hi,
   I think there are three different HTL exploits that MS can stomp on,
as of 4.29.x.  Search for "disarm" in MailScanner.conf.  I had a case
today where HTML email from factiva.com had quit coming thru as of
March 18, the date that I upgraded from 4.28.6 to 4.29.3.  The problem
was caused by the new feature "Allow Script Tags = no" introduced in
4.29.x.  I changed this to "disarm" and my problem went away.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College