Sending to multiple email servers

Howard Yuan Howard.Yuan at VALENCE.COM
Sat Apr 3 00:52:10 IST 2004

Hello all.

I currently have my MailScanner set up to receive mail for anything
going to mydomain.com. Its configured to receive the email, scan it for
viruses and spam, then send it off to my main mailserver, which
distributes the mail to my users. I have three mailservers (in case one
goes down). I was wondering if its possible to set up the MailScanner
to...well, what I'm worried about is if my main mailserver goes down.
Then MailScanner will have no where to send the email. Normally, a
mailserver would scan through the mx records and go to the next server
listed to try to send the email before it sets it aside for retry. I
would like MailScanner to do something equivalent, where it'll try to
send it to one mailserver, if that fails, to try another one, and so on
and so forth before it gives up. Any ideas? Thanx in advance.

Howard