Postfix "skipped, still being delivered" Issues

Hirsh, Joshua joshua.hirsh at PARTNERSOLUTIONS.CA
Fri Apr 2 17:35:41 IST 2004

Thanks Pete.

 I just set this up on my machine, but changed it around a little bit. I'm
still using my dual Postfix setup, but with the hold method as well.
Unfortunately, anytime a match is made against the "Received" header, a
message gets logged in syslog. So I kept my dual Postfix setup to clean up
the logs a little, since I can't find a way to disable the log notifications
on held messages.

 I run both my Postfix's under different syslog names/priorities, so I can
keep track of what's entering and leaving the server better.

 As for the header_check, I had to change mine to something more specific to
cut down on the log messages (it was showing up multiple times per message
if it went through a few servers first). My header_check currently looks
like this:

 /^Received:(.*)by mx5\.partnersolutions\.ca/   HOLD

 An unfortunate side effect of using the hold method is that I was gathering
statistics on my inbound Postfix logs to count the number of recipients,
message sizes, etc, but with the hold method these logs don't get generated
anymore.

 At the moment, it appears that this method added around 5 to 9% CPU usage,
but nothing substantial yet. I'll see what happens during the next big spam
flood.

 Cheers
-Joshua