Bayes Rebuild

Richard Brown r.brown at LAWSON-HIS.CO.UK
Fri Apr 2 14:33:05 IST 2004

Matthew Baker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just noticed something weird.
>
> Apr  2 13:44:22 mail-gw MailScanner[30199]: Skipping SpamAssassin while
> waiting for Bayes database to rebuild
>
> for the last 10 mins in the mail log.
>
> But I have:
>
> Rebuild Bayes Every = 86400
>     Wait During Bayes Rebuild = no

 From MailScanner.conf

# The Bayesian database rebuild and expiry may take a 2 or 3 minutes
# to complete. During this time you can either wait, or simply
# disable SpamAssassin checks until it has completed.

> I'm thinking that taking the "Rebuild Bayes Every" out and replacing
> with a cronjob like
>
> 0 1 * * * root sa-learn --dbpath=/var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/
> --force-expire
>
> would prevent it, but I'd like MailScanner to keep doing it.

Search for the subject "bayes expiry" in the archive for why that might
be a bad idea

Regards

--
Richard Brown