RAQ Performance

Ron Hahn (Senior Analyst) HahnR at SHB.IE
Fri Apr 2 10:40:57 IST 2004

Rudolf,

I am using MS/SA on several RAQ 4/384M RAM with f-prot virus scanner and
logging to a mysql database. The 15 minute CPU load average on one box is
0.29 as reported just a few minutes ago.  I have found that even at busy
times load average doesn't (usually) go above 0.4-0.5..

I have no ramdisk but do have the raid options installed.

I have found the hardware to be as reliable as any other server hardware in
a production environment.

If you have specific RAQ questions please email off list.

Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: Rudolf Kliemstein [mailto:info at VILLAGE-NET.AT]
Sent: 02 April 2004 10:17
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Performance

Hi all,

i have Mailscanner running on a Raq3.
As some will know the hardware isnt very superior :-)
So my question is, since i experiance heavy CPU load with clamscan.
I also tried to mount Mailscanner/incoming as a ramdisk, no significant
change.
Any suggestions? I read that the spamd is not supported by mailscanner for
some obvious reasons. would it bring performance increase for a slightly
loaded site?

thx for all hints

Regards

Rudolf Kliemstein
Elektro Kliemstein

the system manager.

MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses , using the latest available virus signatures .