Performance

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Fri Apr 2 10:27:58 IST 2004

Rudolf Kliemstein wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>i have Mailscanner running on a Raq3.
>As some will know the hardware isnt very superior :-)
>So my question is, since i experiance heavy CPU load with clamscan.
>I also tried to mount Mailscanner/incoming as a ramdisk, no significant
>change.
>Any suggestions? I read that the spamd is not supported by mailscanner for
>some obvious reasons. would it bring performance increase for a slightly
>loaded site?
>
>thx for all hints
>
>Regards
>
>Rudolf Kliemstein
>Elektro Kliemstein

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?S1=mailscanner&D=0&T=0&H=0&O=T&F=&S=
I dont know the answer but Julian has explained this many times before,
you will find your answer in the archive.

Also see the www.mailscanner.info website for info on installing
'clamavmodule' which is supposed to be faster than 'clamav'

Good Luck
Pete