ANNOUNCE: Stable 4.29.7 released

Rick Cooper rcooper at DWFORD.COM
Thu Apr 1 22:13:22 IST 2004

<snip>

> I need to test lots of files and I can detect zip files by just
> looking at
> the first 4 bytes, which is *way* faster than running the file
> command and
> parsing all its output.
> --

Need to note that SFX zips do not have the same signature in the first four
bytes since, of course, that would be the exe header area. I thought about
that while I was repatching Message.pm for my password-protected rar stuff.

next unless $buffer eq "PK\003\004" should probably be
next unless $buffer eq "PK\003\004" || $part =~ /exe$/i if you still want to
catch SFX zips.

Rick