AVG Support

Rick Cooper rcooper at DWFORD.COM
Thu Apr 1 21:02:35 IST 2004

Attached are diff files to add avg support to MS as well as the wrapper and
auto-update scripts. You will, of course, need to chmod 0755 the two scripts
and put them in the /opt/MailScanner/lib/MailScanner directory. It uses
avgscan not the daemon so that need not be running for it to work (unless
you want on-demand)

I only had eicar stuff to test it with and Heuristic scan is not enabled by
default. The default scan settings are -arc -ext=* so it will descend into
subdirs and scan all files.
If you have your stuff in non-standard places then you need to edit
virus.scanner.conf, the avg-wrapper and avg-autoupdate scripts to point to
the right packagedir

Backup your files before applying the patches of course, add the auto-update
script your cron jobs and add "avg" to your Virus Scanners = avg [other
scanners] line in MailScanner.conf

feel free to email if you have questions/problems

Rick