Moving messages between deferred and incoming

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Thu Apr 1 15:02:11 IST 2004

Have you read the message you replied to?  I put a link to a page.  This page contains the link to what you need. It's in the faqs.
And the list's archive is full of posts about tmpfs and ramdisk.

>I have MS
>running on RedHat
>9 on a dual Xeon 2.6 with 2gig of ram.  This is the only thing
>running on
>this system right now and it is processing about 130,000+
>messages per day.
>I have it set to only run local checks (bayes, clamav,
>evil_numbers, etc.).
>Like I said, it seems that once the messages get into the
>incoming directory
>it works very quickly.  However, getting the messages from the deferred
>directory to the incoming directory is the problem.  It seems
>to only pull
>about 5 or 10 messages at a time when there are 5000+ in there
>at a time.

This depends of your max batch size.
We'd need to see logs.