AV Engine Licence

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at GMX.DE
Thu Apr 1 07:30:18 IST 2004

Jim Robinson wrote:

>I have over 12 mail servers with MailScanner installed and ClamAV catches
>more than Sophos.

and your sophos is always up2date ?
clamav has a lot of false_positive,
see below

>Just my zero cents worth (As ClamAV is free)
>
>I would stick with ClamAV, sleep easy and have more budget left to spend.

i could not sleep very well with your suggestion  ;-)

http://www.tekit.de/tekit-aktuelles.html
http://www.tekit.de/pdf/testbericht_tekit-v7.pdf

catched in_the_wild_viruses in the lab and via email:

gmx.de  +  sophos  = 100%
1und1.de  +  symantec  = 100%

web.de  +  clamav  = 55%
freenet.de  +  clamav  = 55%

short-summary:
clamav as only av-solution is *not* recommended

--
shrek-m