MailScanner load testing advice

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Thu Apr 1 02:42:40 IST 2004

My colleague has written a small PHP script that will send a bunch of
messages to my mailscanner machine. I was going to try and see how many
i can send it before it starts complaining (eg 1000s, 10000s 1000000s
etc) since my mailscanner machine and other test machine are both on the
same lan.

I have used the details from this test - but i wonder how stressful it
is on MailScanner recieving the same email over and over ? as long as it
triggers spam ruiles then its providing some stress?
http://hyvatti.iki.fi/~jaakko/spam/unkillable.txt

BUT i need to set up the output to go nowhere - how do i send a legit
email/spam, let it get scanned and placed back in the postfix incoming
queue, but not delivered, just deleted? I am using the single postfix
and freebsd. If there a way, if i specificied an alias pointed at
dev/null in the aliases file and emailed alias at localhost ? What is the
best way to do this?

Thanks
Pete