Postfix or Sendmail for MS & SA?

Jason Balicki kodak at FRONTIERHOMEMORTGAGE.COM
Tue Sep 30 21:29:56 IST 2003

>1) Postfix is "recently" added to the list of supported MTA's, it's not
>as long supported as Sendmail. Can somebody provide some educated hints
>in regards to stability etc.

Except for a few mysterious MS created files my Postfix/MailScanner
combo has been stable.  This is my first implimentation of MailScanner
on a Postfix base and has been running for about 6 months.  I keep
finding files in /var/spool/postfix/maildrop that don't belong
and I can't seem to track them down.  They are definately coming
from MailScanner, I just haven't figured out exactly where or why.
Anyway, other than that it works great.

Is that anecdotal enough for you? :)

We're only running (at peak) a couple thousand messages per day
through here, ATM, so it's not a good indicator of a high
volume situation.  The hardware is a beige box P4, 1.6Ghz w/
512MB of RAM.  The box is our main mail server and runs an
exchange-like mail server package (which is why I'm using
postfix in the first place -- that's how the package is
configured), along with some small web based apps.

Maybe that's helpful.

--J(K)