spamassassion installation not found

Max Kipness mkipness at GENIANT.COM
Tue Sep 30 18:53:15 IST 2003

Same thing I had. Something to do with the way Redhat 9 handles the
language file.

Do this before Makefile.PL:

unset LANG

It should work after that.

Max

        -----Original Message-----
[mailto:MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Matthew Bowman
        Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 12:50 PM
        To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
        Subject: Re: spamassassion installation not found

        Thanks.

        I removed the rpm and proceeded to install from source.

        perl Makefile.PL produced the following:

        Warning: I could not locate your pod2man program. Please make
sure,
                 your pod2man program is in your PATH before you execute
'make'

        Even though pod2man exists in /usr/sbin which is in the PATH.

        make produced:

        /bin/sh: -c: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching
`''
        /bin/sh: -c: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file

        Thinking my download was corrupt I removed the dir and tar.gz
file then downloaded it again - same problem.

        Matthew

        Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>
Sent by: MailScanner mailing list <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>

09/30/2003 01:25 PM
Please respond to MailScanner mailing list