MailScanner Performance

Scott Collier scott.collier at usonline.com
Mon Sep 29 23:12:53 IST 2003

We set up a 2.8GHz Xeon with 1GB Ram and 320 SCSI disk.  We are starting
slowly right now, and have only about 200,000 messages running through the
box.  But want to have it handle about million messages a day.

We are also limiting message size to 5MB.  But then we are dealing with
several ISPs whop have customers who want to e-mail 10 and 15 MB files, but
we are holding our limit at 5MB for now.

Scott