Sendmail -q15m unchangeable?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Sep 29 21:42:34 IST 2003

I hate to have to ask this, but why do you think you need -q5m or -q2m?
If the first delivery attempt fails, do you really want to be hammering
your system by attempting delivery every 2 minutes?
This is mostly a rhetorical question, but do check you are doing this for a
good reason. It is not "normally" needed in my experience, and doesn't
actually help much (other than to burn CPU cycles).

--
Julian Field