File size exceeded but attachment not removed.

Christo Bezuidenhout christo at IT4AFRICA.CO.ZA
Mon Sep 29 17:34:11 IST 2003

MS conf file entry.

Maximum Message Size = %rules-dir%/messagesize.rule

I have the following rule file for message size limits that I'm testing.

FromOrTo:       agtvl@* 50000
FromOrTo:       default 10000000

I see the message has been picked up as to big when I send a 64K
attachment. Postmaster get the message that it has been blocked. The
sender get the message that it has been blocked, but the receiver get
the warning message with the attached 64K file instead of the
VirusWarning.txt Warning message to it.

I'm running MS 4.23.11 on RH9 with Sendmail 8.12.9

Any ideas?

Christo

Disclaimer ----------------

This message and any attachment/s are confidential and intended solely for the addressee.
If you have received this message in error, please notify AG Industries Limited immediately.
Any unauthorised use, alteration or dissemination is prohibited.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail and/or attachments, we strongly recommend that you subject this e-mail and attachment/s to your own virus checking procedures prior to opening.
AG Industries Limited accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising from information made available and actions resulting there from.
Messages sent via this medium may be subject to delays, non-delivery and unauthorised alteration.
Any recipient of an unacceptable communication, a chain letter or offensive material of any nature is requested to report it to Postmaster at ag-industries.com