Problem with update_virus_scanners script on Solaris

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Sep 29 15:29:26 IST 2003

The very latest version of this code already contains this:

# Solaris requires xpg4 not normal grep for "-e" option
OS=`uname`
if [ "$OS" = "SunOS" ]; then
   GREP=/usr/xpg4/bin/grep
else
   GREP=grep
fi

cat ${SCANNERSCONF} | sed -e 's/#.*$//' | ${GREP} -e -wrapper | \
while read NAME WRAPPER PACKAGEDIR
do

which should solve the problem for you.

--