Feature request or can MS..??

Mike Zanker mike at ZANKER.ORG
Fri Sep 26 19:30:33 IST 2003

On 26 September 2003 09:12 +0100 Julian Field
<mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:

> The "Virus:" rules will not work everywhere, as they can only function
> after the virus scanning has been done.

Julian, surely it should work for "Send Notices"? I have two rulesets,
one for Send Notices and one for Still Deliver Silent Viruses, so that
Gibe-F do not get delivered and do not generate an e-mail to
postmaster. The Still Deliver ruleset works fine, the Send Notices one
doesn't.

MailScanner.conf:

Still Deliver Silent Viruses = %rules-dir%/silentdeliver.rules
Send Notices = %rules-dir%/notify.rules

silentdeliver.rules contains:

Virus:  Gibe-F  no
Virus:  default yes