quarantine as raw mail queue file

Fri Sep 26 16:45:57 IST 2003

On Friday 26 September 2003 3:07 pm, Noway wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to send a raw mail queue file?
>
> If I have a quarantine file in raw format, and copy it to the queue
> directory it never gets sent.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>

> --Using what MTA?
>
> Sorry, its a default Redhat 9 install, using sendmail and procmail. Hmmm I
> think thats right.

Sendmail's queue files occur in pairs - one is called qf followed by a bunch
of letters & numbers, the other is called df followed by the same letters &
numbers.

You should be able to copy the two qf/df files into your outgoing queue
directory and they will then get delivered the next time the queue runner
gets processed.

If this does not appear to happening for you:

1. Are you copying both the qf and df files (with matching remainders of the
names)?

2. Are you sure you're copying them to the correct directory - the one your
outgoing sendmail process is delivering mail from (this is the directory
MailScanner puts mail into once it's finished processing it)?

3. How often is your delivery sendmail process checking the queue (this is
the -q parameter on the sendmail command line; a common one is -q15m meaning
process the queue every 15 minutes)?

4. Are you waiting that amount of time for the mail to be discovered and
processed?

Hope these suggestions point you in a helpful direction,

Regards,

Antony.

--

If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it,
we'd be so simple that we couldn't.