Answer: Sendmail configuration on Debian using Mailscanner

Andreas Kasa andreas.kasa at PUBLICMEDIAGROUP.DE
Fri Sep 26 09:49:35 IST 2003

Am 25.09.2003 22:18 Uhr schrieb "Harry Hanson" unter <harryh at CET.COM>:

you must run

sendmailconfig (/usr/sbin/sendmailconfig)

and then restart sendmail with /etc/init.d/sendmail restart

after changing /etc/mail/sendmail.conf.

sendmailconfig is your friend on debian if you change sendmail.mc or other
sendmail related files.

> following the method posted below and in the faq (editing sendmail.conf)
> does not work for me either.
>
> running woody w/ sendmail 8.12.3-6. the /etc/init.d/sendmail startup script
> contains the note:
>
> * *** Do not edit this file *** Instead edit /etc/mail/sendmail.conf
>
> however the change suggested below in /etc/mail/sendmail.conf does not start
> a second daemon. the line referred to, by default reads:
>
> # DAEMON_PARMS="";  String  Listener parms
> #       Any parameters here will be ignored when run from cron.
> #       Note that MISC_PARMS and CRON_PARMS, if applicable, will override
> #       anything declared herein.
> #
> DAEMON_PARMS="";
>
> editing that to read:
>
> DAEMON_PARMS="-bd -OPrivacyOptions=noetrn -ODeliveryMode=queueonly
> -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in";
>
> seems to have no apparent affect on how sendmail starts.
>
> They have put a script called 'sendmail' in /usr/share/sendmail which is run
> by ???. I am not sure.. despite it's length for the sake of brevity I'll
> only put in the start of that file:

Friendly Regards

--
Andreas Kasa
Systemadministrator

PMG public media group GmbH            akasa at publicmediagroup.de
Hanauer Landstrasse 136                 Telefon: +4969/40567-560
60314 Frankfurt                             Fax: +4969/40567-499
http://www.publicmediagroup.de            Mobil: +49163/4056113
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Inge Marx-Jansen, Kai Uwe Petry, Manfred Frey
HRB-Frankfurt 25680