SWEN

Thu Sep 25 13:07:47 IST 2003

On Thursday 25 September 2003 12:24 pm, Martin Sapsed wrote:

> Benny Pedersen wrote:
> > On Wednesday 24 September 2003 15:08, Antony Stone wrote:
> >>Klez is a good example of a virus which should be in this list.
> >
> > but it was better to have a list of virus that do not fake from :/
>
> except that Sophos currently detects 84000+ viruses/worms/trojans
> whereas I've got perhaps ten or so entries on my silent list...

It would be nice if the antivirus vendors would include some standardised
string in the names of viruses/worms which forge the sender's address, so we
could pick that out without caring what the name of the actual virus is.

However, it would be nice if the antivirus vendors would all use the same
name for the same virus, so I guess I'll just have to keep on wishing.... :)

Regards,

Antony.

--

It suddenly dawns on the observer that there is no end to the creativity that
these mindless hackers can come up with.

 - Kevin Kelly, Out of Control