Spam Filtering not working

Stewart Tolhurst stewart at FOXBASEALPHA.NET
Thu Sep 25 11:19:49 IST 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Ugo Bellavance wrote:

> > I've just installed Mailscanner (4.23-11) and while the virus
> > filtering is
> > working perfectly the spam filters aren't doing anything at
> > all.  Spamassassin
> > (2.55) is installed, and it is working - as I can run spam
> > through it that
> > Mailscanner marked as clean and it marks it up as spam - but
> > Mailscanner
> > doesn't seem to be using spamassassin at all.  I've turned on
> > debugging
> > and nothing is showing up at all in relation to spam - I'm just seeing
> > mail being processed and alerts for viruses......
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> You won't see spamassassin in your logs.  What do you get in your headers?

required 5)

However - when I run it through spamassin directly I get a full report
and a much higher score:

Content analysis details:   (4.70 points, 2 required)
NO_REAL_NAME       (1.1 points)  From: does not include a real name
HTML_LINK_CLICK_HERE (0.1 points)  BODY: HTML link text says "click here"
HTML_WEB_BUGS      (0.1 points)  BODY: Image tag with an ID code to
identify you
HTML_80_90         (0.5 points)  BODY: Message is 80% to 90% HTML
HTML_FONT_BIG      (0.2 points)  BODY: FONT Size +2 and up or 3 and up
HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_04 (1.4 points)  BODY: HTML has images with 200-400 bytes
of words
REMOVE_PAGE        (0.4 points)  URI: URL of page called "remove"
RCVD_IN_NJABL      (0.8 points)  RBL: Received via a relay in
dnsbl.njabl.org
                   [RBL check: found 26.74.151.141.dnsbl.njabl.org.,]
                   [type: 127.0.0.3]
CLICK_BELOW        (0.0 points)  Asks you to click below
MIME_HTML_ONLY     (0.1 points)  Message only has text/html MIME parts

Stewart
--
NB: Email and website addresses have changed -
please update your bookmarks and addressbook.
Email: stewart at foxbasealpha.net