--mailscanner wont scan emails with virus software {Scanned}

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Wed Sep 24 21:40:24 IST 2003

Just for grins, can you send an eicar test pattern (see www.eicar.com) to
yourself from outside the system?  The logs notwithstanding, if the scanner
is running it should catch it.  Do you actually have RAV and f-prot also
installed?

...Kevin
CBJ MIS Dept.               Network Systems Administrator, Mail
Administrator
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500

snip