--mailscanner wont scan emails with virus software {Scanned}

Matt Lowe ms at MLSIS.CO.UK
Wed Sep 24 21:18:14 IST 2003

-----
'HELP!'
I have Mailscanner 4.23-11 installed on a server with postfix.

I have installed mcafee,f-prot and rav virus scanning software, but any emails that come into the mail server, are NOT being scanned :(
The subject line is being changed to include the 'scaned' tag, and mailscanner rejects filenames etc corectly, but there is no virus scanning happening :(
I can tell the virus software isnt kicking in, because its a trial version of mcafee, and on all my other systems when an email is scanned, mcafee puts a load of junk in the log files saying that it is a trial version, this isnt happening on my new server.

my mailscanner.conf file has the following in it :-
%report-dir% = /etc/MailScanner/reports/en
%etc-dir% = /etc/MailScanner
%rules-dir% = /etc/MailScanner/rules
%org-name% = domain.uk
Max Children = 5
Run As User = postfix
Run As Group = postfix
Queue Scan Interval = 5
Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix.in/deferred
Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/incoming
Incoming Work Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming
Quarantine Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine
PID file = /var/run/MailScanner.pid
Restart Every = 14400
MTA = postfix
Sendmail = /usr/sbin/sendmail
Sendmail2 = /usr/sbin/sendmail
Max Unscanned Bytes Per Scan = 100000000
Max Unsafe Bytes Per Scan = 50000000
Max Unscanned Messages Per Scan = 30
Max Unsafe Messages Per Scan = 30
Expand TNEF = yes
Deliver Unparsable TNEF = no
TNEF Expander = /usr/bin/tnef --maxsize=100000000
TNEF Timeout = 120
File Command = /usr/bin/file
File Timeout = 20
Maximum Message Size = 0
Virus Scanning = yes
Virus Scanners = rav f-prot mcafee
Virus Scanner Timeout = 300
Deliver Disinfected Files = yes
Silent Viruses = HTML-IFrame Klez Yaha-E Bugbear Braid-A WinEvar Palyh Sobig Fizzer Ganda Mimail
Still Deliver Silent Viruses = yes
Block Encrypted Messages = no
Block Unencrypted Messages = no
Allowed Sophos Error Messages =
Sophos IDE Dir = /usr/local/Sophos/ide
Sophos Lib Dir = /usr/local/Sophos/lib
Monitors For Sophos Updates = /usr/local/Sophos/ide/*ides.zip
Allow Partial Messages = no
Allow External Message Bodies = no
Allow IFrame Tags = no
Log IFrame Tags = no
Allow Form Tags = no
Allow Object Codebase Tags = no
Convert Dangerous HTML To Text = yes
Convert HTML To Text = yes
Filename Rules = %etc-dir%/filename.rules.conf
Filetype Rules = %etc-dir%/filetype.rules.conf
Quarantine Infections = yes
Quarantine Whole Message = yes
Quarantine Whole Messages As Queue Files = no
Language Strings = %report-dir%/languages.conf
Deleted Bad Content Message Report  = %report-dir%/deleted.content.message.txt
Deleted Bad Filename Message Report = %report-dir%/deleted.filename.message.txt
Deleted Virus Message Report        = %report-dir%/deleted.virus.message.txt
Stored Bad Content Message Report  = %report-dir%/stored.content.message.txt
Stored Bad Filename Message Report = %report-dir%/stored.filename.message.txt
Stored Virus Message Report        = %report-dir%/stored.virus.message.txt
Disinfected Report = %report-dir%/disinfected.report.txt
Inline HTML Signature = %report-dir%/inline.sig.html
Inline Text Signature = %report-dir%/inline.sig.txt
Inline HTML Warning = %report-dir%/inline.warning.html
Inline Text Warning = %report-dir%/inline.warning.txt
Sender Content Report        = %report-dir%/sender.content.report.txt
Sender Error Report        = %report-dir%/sender.error.report.txt
Sender Bad Filename Report = %report-dir%/sender.filename.report.txt
Sender Virus Report        = %report-dir%/sender.virus.report.txt
Hide Incoming Work Dir = yes
Include Scanner Name In Reports = yes
Mail Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner:
Spam Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-SpamCheck:
Spam Score Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-SpamScore:
Information Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-Information-www.domain.uk:
Spam Score Character = s
Clean Header Value       = Found to be clean
Infected Header Value    = Found to be infected
Disinfected Header Value = Disinfected
Information Header Value = Please contact www.domain.uk ms at domain.uk
Detailed Spam Report = no
Include Scores In SpamAssassin Report = yes
Multiple Headers = append
Hostname = mail.domain.net
Sign Messages Already Processed = yes
Sign Clean Messages = yes
Mark Infected Messages = yes
Mark Unscanned Messages = yes
Unscanned Header Value = Not scanned: please contact ms at domain.uk for details
Deliver Cleaned Messages = yes
Notify Senders = no
Notify Senders Of Viruses = yes
Notify Senders Of Blocked Filenames Or Filetypes = yes
Notify Senders Of Other Blocked Content = yes
Never Notify Senders Of Precedence = list bulk
Scanned Modify Subject = end
Scanned Subject Text = {Scanned}
Virus Modify Subject = yes
Virus Subject Text = {Virus?}
Filename Modify Subject = yes
Filename Subject Text = {Filename?}
Content Modify Subject = yes
Content Subject Text = {Dangerous Content?}
Spam Modify Subject = yes
Spam Subject Text = {Spam?}
High Scoring Spam Modify Subject = yes
High Scoring Spam Subject Text = {Spam?}
Warning Is Attachment = yes
Attachment Warning Filename = VirusWarning.txt
Attachment Encoding Charset = us-ascii
Archive Mail = /var/spool/MailScanner/archive
Send Notices = yes
Notices Include Full Headers = yes
Hide Incoming Work Dir in Notices = no
Notice Signature = -- \nMailScanner\nEmail Virus Scanner\nwww.domain.uk\n
Notices From = DOMAIN-MailScanner
Notices To = postmaster at domain.net
Local Postmaster = postmaster at domain.net
Spam List Definitions = %etc-dir%/spam.lists.conf
Virus Scanner Definitions = %etc-dir%/virus.scanners.conf
Spam Checks = yes
Spam List = ORDB-RBL Infinite-Monkeys # MAPS-RBL+ costs money (except .ac.uk)
Spam Domain List =
Spam Lists To Reach High Score = 5
Spam List Timeout = 10
Max Spam List Timeouts = 7
Is Definitely Not Spam = %rules-dir%/spam.whitelist.rules
Is Definitely Spam = no
Definite Spam Is High Scoring = no
Use SpamAssassin = no
Max SpamAssassin Size = 90000
Required SpamAssassin Score = 5
High SpamAssassin Score = 20
SpamAssassin Auto Whitelist = no
SpamAssassin Prefs File = %etc-dir%/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
SpamAssassin Timeout = 40
Max SpamAssassin Timeouts = 20
Check SpamAssassin If On Spam List = yes
Always Include SpamAssassin Report = no
Spam Score = yes
Spam Actions = deliver
High Scoring Spam Actions = deliver
Non Spam Actions = deliver
Sender Spam Report         = %report-dir%/sender.spam.report.txt
Sender Spam List Report    = %report-dir%/sender.spam.rbl.report.txt
Sender SpamAssassin Report = %report-dir%/sender.spam.sa.report.txt
Inline Spam Warning = %report-dir%/inline.spam.warning.txt
Syslog Facility = mail
Log Spam = no
Log Permitted Filenames = no
Log Permitted Filetypes = no
SpamAssassin User State Dir =
SpamAssassin Install Prefix =
SpamAssassin Local Rules Dir =
SpamAssassin Default Rules Dir =
Use Default Rules With Multiple Recipients = no
Debug = no
Debug SpamAssassin = no
Always Looked Up Last = no
Deliver In Background = yes
Delivery Method = batch
Split Exim Spool = no
Lockfile Dir = /tmp
Minimum Code Status = supported

Please Please help, ive been trying to get this working for the past week, and the customer is jumping up and down asking why he has paid for a mail server, and its not scanning his mail :(
The fact that the software is costing him nothing dosn't seam to register :(

dangerous content by the
www.ms.mlsis.co.uk MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.
Please contact ms at ms.mlsis.co.uk for support.